Thursday, March 20, 2014

ERROR IN INVENTORY RECALCULATION "Account number for transaction type Catch weight loss account does not exist"

During inventory closing I had an error which stopped posting recalculation result to ledgers.




As the error shows that Catch weight loss account is missing.  I checked item group for posting and surprised to see that main accounts are defined for this posting type.











So I digged it further and checked its record in inventtrans. But the problem was which transaction to check so for this I checked settlement that were under progress.








Here I found that there is one Transaction in which system used CW loss account. So I opened that transaction in Inventtrans. and checked what mainaccounts does this transaction has.


And we found that there was no ledger account assigned to CW loss account posting. Now the question was where to update that main account.

Above is the screen shot of Inventsettlement table. As we can see clearly that OperationsLedgerDimension for the same transaction is missing. This field contains the Recid of mainAccounts in which adjustments are to be posted. So I updated it with the recid of mainaccount.

And then Resume recalculation and this resolved error.

What I think is that mainAccount in Item group posting was updated after recalculation utility was run. 


No comments:

Post a Comment